Packing is a stressful thing to do while moving as you normally don't know where to begin from hence it is always good to begin packing as early as possible. This helps you avoid late inconveniences. There are strategies which should be considered while packing although they might be time consuming.
1. Boxes are regular in size and easy to carry along hence they are staple for moving because when they are attached together correctly, they hardly fall apart. You should buy too many boxes to avoid a scenario of packing boxes too full that they may break or even be impossible to lift them.
When transporting goods, it is always good to maximize your van space therefore, regular shaped objects can be of great benefit as they ensure there are no wasted areas.
2. When you have run out of boxes, bags can supplement them as they are good for items like beddings and clothing. Edgy and heavy objects work best in boxes but teddies, linens and softy toys work well in bags. Bags are compressible anywhere especially on the flip side although they might be mistaken for rubbish.
3. While packing, pack the biggest objects first; then fill the space around them as this enhances maximum utility of space. The easiest goods to pack are books while the worst one are odd-shaped and awkward items like ornaments.
Both should go in boxes. Goods which are going to the same room should always be packed in the same box so to avoid dragging goods along in the room you are moving to.
4. Wherever possible, mark all bags and boxes as it makes it easier to locate things and sort them into different rooms without having to open them. You can use labels such as different colored masking tapes, permanent markers or even transparent labels to mark the boxes.
For example, for a box containing office books, you may label it as OFFICE this helps when unpacking the goods and bags used to carry belongings should be marked clearly to avoid being mistaken for rubbish.
5. Packing of belongings can take a couple of weeks up to eight weeks but on the other side, unpacking can consume up to two months or even more. To ease the work of packing and unpacking, you can hire a professional company to put the items in the box and move the items for you.
As we all know, time is money. Better to pay a professional to get these things sorted by a pro rather than spending time and money trying to do it yourself.